Thursday, September 20, 2012

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful

Like most makeup wearing girls the quest for an absolutely awesome foundation is a tough one.  You can spend oodles of money and get an okay product or you can spend pennies and get the best foundation you've ever used.  Or vice versa.  Matching the right color under the harsh lighting of a department store is a task and even if you get the right color if it feels awful on your skin it was all for not.  I've been through more than my fair share of foundations.  My makeup table is a who's who of all the bests and worst of the foundation world.  I tend to shift through them and try to remember which ones I like and which ones I hate for which reasons.  Among my favorites (if not the only front runner) is Covergirl & Olay Tone Rehab liquid foundation and pressed powder.  I'm not just saying that because I'm a BzzAgent.  I really like these products.


Doesn't Ellen look happy here?  It's because this makeup is 50 shades of awesome.

Let's start with the liquid foundation.  A little bit goes a long way.  I was able to use just one pump and get great coverage on my entire face.  It goes on really smooth and light.  Once it's applied you don't even feel it's there.  That, I absolutely love.   I've quit quite a few foundations because I've felt like I was wearing a heavy makeup mask all day.  This one is a keeper.  Even better both products contain ingredients that are known to condition your skin and improve it's appearance over time.  Yup, your makeup is going to make your skin look better even after you've stopped wearing it.  I noticed after washing off the foundation that my skin felt a little smoother and well hydrated.  That was after one time.  I can only imagine what it will do over time.

The powder was also really light and it glides over your skin very smooth.  I love the feel of the powder.  The powder isn't matched as well as the foundation.  In fact, there isn't a powder that is matched to go with the darkest foundation shades.  That's kind of a problem and my only real complaint.  If you can make foundation shades for darker skin it would be kind of great to have a powder that you know...matches.  The shade that I received is just a little too light for me, though it will probably match pretty well in the winter.  Other than that one little thing I absolutely love the powder.  To check if they have your perfect match you can head on over to the Covergirl to check out their Color Match custom makeup selector.

The absolute best thing about the Covergirl & Olay Tone Rehab collection is that you won't go broke buying it.  The suggested retail price for both is $13.99 so that means you can pick up both products for cheaper than one high end product with the same (if not better in some cases) quality.  You can pick them up at most major retailers and online.  I definitely think it's worth a shot.  The packaging is great (except for one more complaint about the powder; the compact doesn't have a separate section for the puff so it has to be kept on top of the powder.  Not a fan of that but then I almost never use a puff because I prefer a brush...so there's that), I love how my skin feels with the foundation on and even more after I take it off (so smooth).  The pros outweigh the cons so run out and pick up your Covergirl & Olay Tone Rehab right now!  Now...why are you still sitting there?

P.S.  I totally would have share pictures but my eyebrow are currently in a state.  The are not to be seen really close or under good lighting with semi great photography.  Just take my word for it this is the best foundation ever.

P.P.S.  My foundation shade is Tawny and the pressed powder I was provided was Medium/Dark.  There are 14 shades of the foundation and 6 shades of pressed powder so unless you have dark skin you shouldn't have a problem finding the shades that best suit you.   Okay, now go buy.  Now.


*This product was provided by BzzAgent for review

No comments:

Post a Comment