Monday, June 18, 2012

Tummy Troubles

It's back.

Way back what seems like forever ago I started having these mystery stomach pains.  Upper right side under my ribcage.  It makes me nauseous.  Food makes it worse.  I'm not really here for it.   The only upside is I typically stop eating and I lose a bunch of weight.  Yay for that.   Just in time for bikini season.

What's frustrating is that I've been tested up the wazoo (literally, sorry for the TMI) for everything and with the exception of a small hernia my digestive tract is super normal.  I've been to the ER more times than I'm willing to admit.  Every time I think "Okay this is the time they are going to find something" and every time my gall bladder has no visible stones and I get the "go see your GP and do tons more tests.  Tests I've already done and that quite frankly I don't have the insurance to repeat.

I know I'm tired of it.  It comes and goes in varying degrees of pain.  This particular bout is a bad one.  I can deal with the Fibro pain.  That's familiar. I can still eat and it doesn't feel like the room is spinning and I'm going to vomit every single minute. I'm sitting here now taking small bites of plain pasta because I know I'm SUPPOSED to eat.  I don't want to get to the end of the day and realize I caused more harm than good by not putting anything on my stomach.

*sighs*

Is there a real life Dr. House?  I could use his help right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment