Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I'm So Done!

I finished my novel for NaNoWriMo. It was the craziest month ever but I did it. I understand the process a better now. It's all about carving out time everyday to write something. It doesn't have to be good. No one ever has to read it but it's good to write. I woke up everyday and before I did just about anything else I pulled out my laptop and and I wrote something. I'll tell you now that some days were better than others. The ending was a lot harder than the beginning and editing is going to be a chore. I get it now though. I'm glad I took the time to do it this year. I think I've said before that I joined NaNoWriMo 2 years ago and I just couldn't bring myself to start the novel. Well that's no longer a worry. I'm now the proud author of a novel. It's a first draft but it's still a novel.

Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment