Saturday, May 29, 2010

What me date?

I "quietly" joined a dating site a few months ago. I was going through my matches today because I'm bored and I'm avoiding my family (not the ones in my house my stupid aunts mostly) so no cookouts as they are usually the fatties that plan that stuff at the last minute. Going through my matches though is kinda depressing. Lots of great guys who have a lot of the qualities that I guess I'd look for in a lov-va (reference the SATC episode where Carrie takes a lov-va for the proper pronunciation of that) but not one black guy. Not one. Seriously. Right now I have 106 matches (I've been ignoring these things for weeks) there isn't a black guy. I don't know how to feel about that. I'm open to dating outside my race but I don't know if I'm ready to throw in the towel on someone of my own race yet. You know? I've been told for years that I'd probably marry a white guy so I don't think anyone would be blown away if I brought Bill instead of Akeem to Christmas dinner.

*Sigh*

Being a grown up is hard, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment