Friday, June 28, 2013

Year 31

It's my birthday eve.  In two hours I'll be starting my 31st year.  There should be more pomp and circumstance and  declarations of "turn down fah what!" but I'm quite comfortably sitting at home, watching Real Time with Bill Maher as my puppy sleeps and a stack of homework beckons.  And guess what?  I'm content. I've long reconciled my reality with the fantasy version of myself that frolicked around my imagination with reckless abandon when I was a teenager.  I haven't accomplished half the things I thought I would have.  I haven't traveled the world.  I haven't met the love of my life.  Most days I don't know what I want to be when I grow up but I love my life.  I've accepted that this was my journey for reasons I have yet to understand.  If I were supposed to be any place else in the world, I truly believe I would be there right now. 

As I start another year on this planet I feel hopeful that the next 30 will be beautiful.  I honestly cannot wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment