Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Influenster: Spring VoxBox

Yay!  I've been waiting for this to arrive!
I love beauty products.  I'm probably what some people would call a product junkie.  With that said I'm always on the lookout for programs where I can get to try a product before I buy it.  When I was employed I was in LURVE (that's more than love, see I put a "r" in it)  with Birchbox.  But when I lost my job I had to scale back to conserve money.  Womp.

I came across Influenster reading one of my long list of favorite beauty blogs.  What is Influenster you ask? You can be in Influenster.  You go to the website and log in and take a few quizzes about your lifestyle.  You earn badges for each of those quizzes.  The more badges you earn the better.  That information is matched with specific products and you can be selected to try out products.  Those products arrive as what they call a VoxBox.  You can check out their website for more information or to sign up.

I was selected to receive the Spring VoxBox and I wanted to share my goodies with you guys.  So how about we get started.
All these packing peanuts though...




Looks like there is fun to be had here.



Yup...lotsa fun.

Now let's take a closer look at each of the items.  I'll be doing reviews of each of the later.  So this is just a first look at things.  I was supposed to get a postcard in the box telling me how much each item retails for but for some reason it wasn't in the box.  So I'll be giving the prices directly off of the websites for them.  


First up is the Dr. Scholl's For Her Ball of Foot Cushions.  I believe this was the bonus item in the box. This product I watched a few unboxing videos on YouTube and it wasn't listed on the postcard for anyone.  These retail for $5-6 online.




This is ChapStick Lipshield 365.  This is a new product offers all season protection and SPF 50+ to keep your lips soft and smooth.  This retails for $1-2 online.


I'm kind of excited about this one because I've been looking for a new concealer.  This is Sheer Cover Duo Concealer.  You can mix the two colors to get the perfect combination to match your skin.  I'll probably be reviewing this one first so be on the look out for that.  This product retails for $25-30 online.



This is a deluxe sample size of  Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Body Wash with Natural Oatmeal.  I already love this product I've been using it for years.  My skin gets really dry and itchy and this clears it right up.  It has a really light scent and it's just awesome.  This retails for $5-6 online.



I have also tried these before.  These are Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips By Sally Hansen in Animal Instinct (a fuchsia zebra print).  I like these because it's a one step manicure.  My only complaint is after a few days the edges do begin to lift and they would snag my in my hair when I'm styling.  These retail for $7-8 online.




I've noticed that these sample programs like to include a snack.  This is the snack in this box.  It's a
Soyjoy Bar, Strawberry.  I'm eating it now.  Ummm...it's different you can purchase these for about a $1-2 a bar.



And last but certainly not least (I mean really this is a full sized item!), we have Bath and Body Works Signature Collection Fine Fragrance Mist in Japanese Cherry Blossom.  I haven't shopped at Bath and Body Works in a while so I didn't know they had this collection.  This smells really good and I'm looking forward to giving it a try.  This retails for $14 and I got a full size bottle for free!  Woot!


No comments:

Post a Comment