Sunday, January 22, 2012

Editing and such

I'm learning that while I can write a novel in a month the idea of editing makes me physically ill.  Okay maybe not physically ill but I avoid it like it's going to cause some type of gastrointestinal upset.  All the ideas for where I want it to go and what I need to do live in my head right now.  It's as easy as opening the file and adding a few chapters...wait not chapters because I haven't edited that damn thing into chapters yet.  It's a 100+ page word document as it stands right not.  Intimidating, right?  I'm not here for that.  I need to be here for it but I'm not.  I'm never going to get published like this, though.  I need to sit down every day and spend an hour or two with the book making it make sense to someone other than myself.  I guess I should go ahead and set that goal for myself.  It should be easy since I spend so little time on Facebook and Twitter now.  I'm  going to start on Monday.

Stop side eyeing me...I am.

On Monday I'm going to take at least 30 minutes a day and edit.  I need chapters and I need more character development and I need a few other things.  Since editing is one of my 30 by 30 items it's time to get on it.  I may have already crossed one off my list.  I'll officially share that later.  I want to make sure it's juuuusssstttt right before I say it's off the list.  I'm pretty sure I could just mark it off but you know...I'm weird.

Anywhoodle, editing.  Monday.  I edit hard.  After the gym and a snack and Pretty Little Liars.  Okay whatever I'm gonna edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment