Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fibromyalgia Awareness Day



Today is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day.

*whispers*  I didn't know we had a day or a month or walks or anything.

One of my friends told me once years ago that there was a display in one of the bookstores marking the month and I forgot.  Fibrofog I guess.  I'm shocked and then not shocked at the same time that there are enough people with fibromyalgia now that we get a day.  I knew I wasn't the only one suffering but we seemed so few and far between.  Back when I was diagnosed it was all fibromywhat every time I mentioned it.  Nowadays everyone knows someone with fibro.  It's like being a member of an elite club that no one really wants to be a part of.  Trust me if I could get out tomorrow I would.

I'm not going to tell my story again.  It's been told you can read it here.  I'm going to try to get out today and enjoy it.  I'll be girl with the big hair in something purple.  I hope you pull out your purple and do the same.

Keep fighting the fight, ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment