Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has Sprung

Yesterday was the first day of spring. You know what that means? My super awesome seasonal allergies have somehow found their way back. I got a break for 2 or 3 years because we really didn't have really definitive seasons here in Richmond, VA. This year and the end of last year have been nothing short of extra. During the winter it snowed, I know you are probably saying "yeah so what it's winter, it snows" snow in the Cap City is special. We get a light dusting and the entire city goes to batshit. Not an exaggeration, we hysterically run into the streets and scream and then we buy bread. So this year with 3 weekends of 6 or more inches or snow...yeah. Now that spring is here it's decided to keep with tradition and be extra too. Everything is blooming and cars are starting to get that yellowy dusting of pollen. Yup fun.

Today was no exception it was warm with a nice breeze blowing all the pollen around. But I said "Allergies be damned" and decided to go see my oldest (by 5 whole months) nephew play his first soccer game. If you've never seen 3 and 4 year olds play soccer, I highly suggest you put it on your list of things to do before you die. I was comedy at it's finest. They basically put on their little cleats and shin guards and run around for 30 minutes, often in the wrong direction as the parents and other family look on yelling "YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY" or "NO DON'T TOUCH THE BALL, JUST KICK".

He's Number 7, SOOOO CUTE

I cannot wait for the next game they were all so adorable. So I've stocked up on Zyrtec and I'm ready to take on the season. I hope ya'll do the same. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment