Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sigh...(first in series I'm sure)

Today I was doing my usual at work,listening to talk radio and counting hours until it time to bounce, the show that was on at the time was discussing the Tea Party that has popped up since the presidential election. One of the groups, right here in good 'ole VA no less, had decided to express their anger over the passing of the healthcare reform bill by posting the address of a Democratic congressman and telling it's readers to "stop by" and thank him face to face. Well it turns out that the address was not that of the congressman but that of his brother and when the person who posted it was told that he said oh well it was "collateral damage".

I was nothing if not pissed. Seriously how does that make sense? I love politics and I understand that it's one of those things that will often cause people to fly off the handle because they are very passionate about their beliefs but there is a such thing as too far. This was it. I am well aware that it happens on both sides of the aisle and I don't like it when it happens on either side. Arguments about politics or anything for that matter should never go so far as to where people and their families are being threatened. No one should die and be martyred for a disagreement over an issue.

NO ONE!

I actually got a little teary about this earlier today because I was sad that we live in a country where we can't all respectfully agree to disagree. Often these arguments turn into name calling, and spitting and nothing gets solved. Everyone walks away mad at people they've never met because of a letter that comes after their name on CNN, MSNBC or Fox News.

*Sigh*

I don't want to rant, so I'm going to stop here. I'm just going to say this: regardless of what, who, where or whatever you believe I will still love and respect you as a fellow human. Our struggle everyday is the same. We may never agree on anything but we're all in this together and maybe we should all spend a little less time hating and a lot more time trying to make our time here better for our children and our children's children.

That's it...yup I'm a hippie (don't tell anyone)

No comments:

Post a Comment